The best time to visit Tanzania is during the Dry season, from late June to October, when wildlife viewing is generally at its best. The wildebeest migration in the Serengeti is usually during June and July and the time to see the wildebeest calving is late January to February. The southern and western circuit parks are best visited during the Dry season (June to October), unlike the more popular northern circuit parks that can be visited year-round.
Best time to visit Tanzania?
Best TimeJune to October (All parks), June-July and January-February (Serengeti for the wildebeest migration and calving)
High SeasonJuly to March (northern circuit parks; they get crowded), July to October (southern and western circuit parks; they don’t really get crowded any time of the year)
Low SeasonApril and May (northern circuit parks still get quite a few visitors unlike the southern and western circuit parks, where many lodges close down)
Best WeatherJune to October (Little to no rainfall)
Worst WeatherMarch and April (Peak of Wet season)
June to October –Dry Season
- June and July are the best months to see the wildebeest migration
- August to September is the best time to see the wildebeest river crossings in northern Serengeti
- Animals are easier to spot since they concentrate around waterholes and rivers
- There are fewer mosquitoes because there is little to no rain
- Skies are clear and most days are sunny
- Mornings and nights get cold; it’s recommended to bring warm clothing
November to May –Wet Season
- January-February is the time to see the calving in the southern Serengeti, and an excellent time to see predator action
- The scenery is green and beautiful; it’s low season, meaning lower rates and less crowded parks
- Although wildlife is easier to spot in the Dry season, you’ll still see plenty, especially in the northern circuit parks
- Migratory birds are present, and bird watching is at its best
- Except for March, April and May, rains are mostly short afternoon showers and seldom interfere on your trip
- March to May is the peak of the Wet season
- Wildlife viewing in Tarangire, Katavi, Selous and Ruaha is better during the Dry season
Best Time to Visit to Tanzania by Major Park
The Serengeti and the Ngorongoro Crater offer good wildlife viewing throughout the year. June and July are the best months for seeing the migration, and February is the best month for the wildebeest calving. The dry months offer good wildlife viewing throughout Tanzania. Tarangire and the southern and western circuit parks (including Katavi, Selous and Ruaha) are best visited in the Dry season, from June to October.
Hopefully i have answeared your question about when to go Tanzania?